We shall keep your Personal Data confidential and shall ensure that our policies and practices with respect to the collection, use, retention, disclosure, transfer, security and access of your Personal Data comply with the laws of Hong Kong.
Personal Information Collection Statement ("PICS")
This PICS is issued pursuant to the PDPO in relation to the operation of our business by GVP Life Limited (together referred to as "we" or "us").
You and your family’s personal data: what we collect and why
- In order for you to become our client and to enjoy our services, it is necessary for you to provide us with certain essential personal data for you and your family. The types of personal data we may collect include your name, address, email, telephone number, date of birth, gender, age.
- We shall have the right to collect, hold, process and/or use, such personal data in each case for the purposes as set out in, and in accordance with, this PICS. If you are unable or unwilling to provide us with complete and correct personal data, we may not be able to provide or continue to provide our services to you.
- You agree that the personal data you provide to us for you and your family may be used and retained by us for:
- processing you and your family’s application with us,
- providing you with our services where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you,
- providing you with regular communications from us, and
- designing new or improving existing services provided by us.
- With your consent or indication of no objection, we will use you and your family’s personal data for direct marketing to you in relation to our services.
- We may disclose and transfer (whether in Hong Kong or abroad) your personal data to our partners under a duty of confidentiality to us who provide various services to you and partners who provide administrative, data processing, research and marketing, distribution, telecommunications, professional or other similar services to us.
- The types of data we may collect from you when you visit the website include:
- information about the type of browser you use;
- details of the web pages you have viewed;
- your IP address;
- the hyperlinks you have clicked; and
- the websites you visited before arriving at our website.
- You may refuse to accept cookies (by modifying the relevant Internet options or browsing preferences of your computer system), but to do so you may not be able to utilize or activate all of the functions and services of our website.
- You have the right to:
- check whether we hold any of you or your family’s personal data,
- access you and your family’s personal data held by us,
- require us to correct any personal data which is inaccurate;
- ascertain our policies and practices (from time to time) in relation to personal data and the type of personal data held by us; and
- opt out from receiving direct marketing materials from us at any time.
- Any request in relation to the above shall be in writing sent by email to:
- In accordance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, we have the right to charge you a reasonable fee for the processing of any personal data access request.
- We maintain appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the personal data you provide to us against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, authorized disclosure of, or access to your personal data.
- Our website may contain hyperlinks to other websites provided by third parties. We do not control these third party websites or any of the content contained on those websites. Once you have left our website, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement for the website(s) you visit.